Skip to main content

Featured

Annemarie Stanga: Leadership

 Hi! My name is Annemarie and I am from Denver, Colorado. I am majoring in Biochemistry and Spanish and minoring in Art History on a pre-med track. I am also a student ambassador and doing research on campus. In my free time, I love being in the mountains and doing everything outside, especially hiking! I also enjoy traveling and spending time with my family. My favorite thing about going to school in the Pacific Northwest is the coffee scene, so I'm always up for visiting a new coffee shop! One of our pillars as Setons is leadership. Leadership can take on many forms, and being a Seton means growing in both individual and communal leadership styles. By coordinating service events as one of our service chairs or by inviting a sister out for a coffee date, I have learned how to take initiative and connect with others. being a Setons has allowed me to grow in my own confidence while being surrounded by the most supportive sisters! Our group as a whole is also defined by leadership. I...

Ashley Lau - Service

    Hi everyone! My name is Ashley Lau, and I am from Bellevue, Washington. I am a nursing major and a business minor, and I am also one of the co-service chairs! It’s been an incredible second semester, and I have enjoyed serving with my sisters and planning events with my co-chair, Katie Aguirre. This club has provided me with so many opportunities to get involved with Gonzaga and the Spokane community. I have met so many amazing people through service and have been able to serve different communities in a way that I have not before. Through service, I have been able to grow, educate myself, and have eye-opening conversations with individuals in the Spokane community.
    So far, we have been able to do weekly service along with a monthly service event. For my weekly service, I have been serving at Blessings Under the Bridge with my two sisters, Libby and Clare. Every Tuesday, Libby, Clare, and I do meal prep for ~100+ individuals. These hot meals are then handed out every Wednesday under the bridge. This past week, we made Mcdonald Mcribs, packaged cookies, and scooped applesauce. We have made so many memories and have learned so much about the Spokane community and the organization itself. I have had so much fun serving with my sisters and building bonds through service. I never want it to end!! It has been really amazing to be surrounded by individuals who have a passion for people, a passion for serving others. Especially during my freshman year, I felt lost in my purpose and what I wanted to do with my free time. Setons brought me a life-long group of friends who value their community and value people. Setons has opened so many doors for me, and I could not be more grateful… All Together Through Service <3333



Comments

Popular Posts