Skip to main content

Featured

Annemarie Stanga: Leadership

 Hi! My name is Annemarie and I am from Denver, Colorado. I am majoring in Biochemistry and Spanish and minoring in Art History on a pre-med track. I am also a student ambassador and doing research on campus. In my free time, I love being in the mountains and doing everything outside, especially hiking! I also enjoy traveling and spending time with my family. My favorite thing about going to school in the Pacific Northwest is the coffee scene, so I'm always up for visiting a new coffee shop! One of our pillars as Setons is leadership. Leadership can take on many forms, and being a Seton means growing in both individual and communal leadership styles. By coordinating service events as one of our service chairs or by inviting a sister out for a coffee date, I have learned how to take initiative and connect with others. being a Setons has allowed me to grow in my own confidence while being surrounded by the most supportive sisters! Our group as a whole is also defined by leadership. I...

Devyn: Service



Hi! My name is Devyn Schaefer and I’m from Golden, Colorado (right between Denver and the mountains). I’m a Chemistry major on a Pre-Med track with minors in Physics and Entrepreneurial Leadership (Hogan Program!!). Besides Setons and classes, I am a member of the Gonzaga Student Body
Association (GSBA) and serve as the Weekday Events Coordinator. This has been one of my favorite
experiences because I get to plan and coordinate a ton of events on campus that help build community
between Gonzaga students! Outside of Gonzaga, you can find me skiing, hiking, reading, or taking care
of my plants (I have a huge green thumb!). One of my favorite things about Setons is getting to share my
passions with my sisters as well as learning theirs!
The pillar I have chosen to write about is service. Community service has always been a huge
part of my life (since I was like 8 years old) and I can’t imagine what my life would look like without it. In
Setons, I serve on the Executive Board as one of the Service Chairs and I get to help plan and organize all
the community service that we complete as a club. I specifically handle our monthly service
opportunities which has allowed me to explore dozens of organizations around the Spokane area that
support women and children in need. My favorite monthly service to plan and participate in was Trick or
Treat practice with the ISAAC Foundation (pictured below). For this event, all the Setons got to dress up
for Halloween and hand out candy to kids who have autism. The goal of the event was to help these kids
practice for actual Halloween so they wouldn’t be too overwhelmed on the day of. I thought this was a
super cool event because my sisters and I got to see the direct impact that we had on these kids and got
to hang out and learn all about them and their lives. My community has always been my biggest
supporter and is the reason that I am where I am today. I give back to my community because of how
much they have given me and how grateful I am to them. Getting to share my passion for community
service with my sisters has been a true blessing in my life and I am so excited to continue to serve with
them and learn more about their passions in the world of community service.

Side note! In the fall semester, our class of Setons completed almost 900 hours of community service
with the Spokane community!!



Comments

Popular Posts