Skip to main content

Featured

Annemarie Stanga: Leadership

 Hi! My name is Annemarie and I am from Denver, Colorado. I am majoring in Biochemistry and Spanish and minoring in Art History on a pre-med track. I am also a student ambassador and doing research on campus. In my free time, I love being in the mountains and doing everything outside, especially hiking! I also enjoy traveling and spending time with my family. My favorite thing about going to school in the Pacific Northwest is the coffee scene, so I'm always up for visiting a new coffee shop! One of our pillars as Setons is leadership. Leadership can take on many forms, and being a Seton means growing in both individual and communal leadership styles. By coordinating service events as one of our service chairs or by inviting a sister out for a coffee date, I have learned how to take initiative and connect with others. being a Setons has allowed me to grow in my own confidence while being surrounded by the most supportive sisters! Our group as a whole is also defined by leadership. I...

Kecia Howard- Blessings Under the Bridge

Hello everyone! My name is Kecia Howard and I am one of the current service chairs of Setons of Gonzaga!

I get the cool opportunity to research and plan all of the weekly and monthly service opportunities that this amazing club gets to help out with. Working with the Arc has given us all a chance to get to know our community in the Spokane area a little bit better. My weekly service is working with Blessings Under the Bridge, which helps prepare meals for people in need, as well as providing clothes or supplies that they might not be able to afford. One week, we had to shred a bunch of cheese and we had about 25 blocks. It seemed impossible, but once we all started tackling it together, it seemed to go by pretty fast. It’s really neat to see the foods that Costco or other food places donate to help out these people in the community just makes my heart smile. It also makes me love Costco even more!! Being able to serve the community while also bonding with my sisters is a wonderful experience, and has brought me amazing friends. My favorite part about being service chair is that I get to really look into amazing organizations in the community that are truly helping people in need, and be able to watch as our group helps them out with whatever they might have needed. Although sometimes it is a bit difficult to balance school, life and setons, I am so blessed to have had this opportunity and each event we do makes me realize even more how much I love the Setons! I am really excited because tonight we are having an information meeting for new Setons, and the opportunity to share in this organization that I have come to love makes me all the more excited. I have really enjoyed the social events that we get to go to as well! My favorite weekly event that we get to do is sister dates. It’s a fun little way to get to know everyone in Setons while also going on a fun date, who doesn’t love that? All in all, Setons of Gonzaga has truly brightened my year at Gonzaga so far.


Comments

Popular Posts