Skip to main content

Featured

Alina Jusic: Service

 Hi! My name is Alina, and I'm from Spokane! I am studying public health with a minor in biochemistry on the pre-health track. I love spending time on campus, and outside of school I enjoy going on road trips, exploring new places, discovering coffee shops, paddleboarding, shopping and thrifting, watching films with friends, and crafting! I also really enjoy volunteer work. I have been involved with Ronald McDonald House Charities, Providence and MultiCare Hospitals, Spokane Public Schools, and Care Crafts Project. So, what initially drew me to Gonzaga were its core values.  Growing up in Spokane, once a week a group of Gonzaga students would come visit my elementary school classroom to teach science lessons. The program that they were apart of aims to provide local schools with extra resources to support STEM education for all students. They brough in science equipment that our school didn't have and taught us how to explore answers to our own questions. This experience spark...

Brittany Robinson- Social Chair

My name is Brittany Robinson and I am one of the Co-Social Chairs for the Setons of Gonzaga. As Social Chairs, we handle celebrating birthdays and planning one social event per month. Thus far, the social events we have planned have been a group hike to the Rocks of Sharon, a trip to Greenbluff Farms, and we are currently planning a retreat for November. I have a pretty extensive background of event planning, having been a part of student council in high school and working for Spike Nites weekend programming this past freshman year. In high school, I planned rallies, dances, and various events for my school and found that I have both a knack and passion for it. Then coming to Gonzaga, Spike Nites was in charge of event planning for every Friday and Saturday night, resulting in a ton of experience. My favorite part of event planning is being able to see the plans come to fruition, and the rewarding feeling when those attending the event have a fun time. Although we only plan one event per month, being Social Chair is no small task. We have to plan around busy academic schedules, weekly and monthly service, and other Gonzaga events. With 30 extremely involved girls, its difficult to pinpoint a day and time which works well for everyone, but we do our best. Perhaps the most significant social event we will be planning is the retreat coming up in November. We will be travelling to Ross Point retreat center and will spend a couple days bonding, relaxing, and reflecting on our three pillars of service, sisterhood, and leadership. This retreat has been a couple months in the making, as we have to coordinate with both the Center of Student Involvement and Ross Point Retreat Center. However, we are excited to see the girls enjoy the retreat we have planned and hopefully remember it as a highlight of sophomore year. I’m excited to lead the retreat, as I have never led a retreat before, and to be able to grow as a leader within our organization. In conclusion, I’ve been greatly enjoying my position as Social Chair, and I’m excited for what’s to come in second semester!

Comments

Popular Posts