Skip to main content

Featured

Alivia Trujillo: Sisterhood

 Hey! My name is Alivia and I'm from Denver, Colorado. I am studying Criminology and Business on the pre-law track. On campus I am also involved in GSBA as a sophomore Senator and a member of the academic committee. In my free time I love going out to concerts, sporting events, shopping, and playing tennis with my brother. My favorite artist is Noah Kahan and my favorite songs from him are Doors and Maine.  What first drew me to setons was the pillar of Sisterhood. When I first decided to attend Gonzaga University my head was filled with endless worries of the unknown future. I was fearful of many things bust mostly I was fearful of who I was going to meet during my time at Gonzaga. That fear quickly went away as soon as I stepped onto campus and found my way into Setons. I have met the most incredible girls whose kindness and determination has motivated me to continue to embrace new friendships and experiences. My favorite memory I have of sisterhood so far is going to Half M...

Yuna Jang: Sisterhood

Hello! My name is Yuna and I am from Sacramento, California. A bit about my home life, I have a sister who currently attends Baylor University on track to become a doctor and I am currently studying nursing. My parents own their own sushi restaurant so I can confidently say sushi is my favorite food (and I know good sushi). Other than Setons, I am also involved in the Gonzaga Student Nurses Association here on campus as well as when I’m at home from school, I work at my local gym’s kid’s club because I love working with kids! Although nursing is pretty rigorous academically, in my spare time I live with 3 other roommates and we love to cook, watch movies, go on walks, and shop! 

I chose the Seton pillar of sisterhood. This pillar is truly what drew me to Setons in the first place. As a 2nd semester freshman girl, I felt like I had met a lot of people but didn’t truly connect with any to call them a close friend. However, once I joined Setons, I got to truly and deeply connect with 30 girls I never would have met without Setons. Through my smaller weekly service groups of 5-6 girls to our club-wide weekly meetings at 9pm, I feel so incredibly bonded, uplifted, and supported by these girls. Having people who also dedicate their time to go serve the community with you, makes it so much more fun and enjoyable. I am so grateful for the 30 girls I met through Setons and so lucky that I get to call each and every one of them my friend.

 






Comments

Popular Posts