Skip to main content

Featured

Alivia Trujillo: Sisterhood

 Hey! My name is Alivia and I'm from Denver, Colorado. I am studying Criminology and Business on the pre-law track. On campus I am also involved in GSBA as a sophomore Senator and a member of the academic committee. In my free time I love going out to concerts, sporting events, shopping, and playing tennis with my brother. My favorite artist is Noah Kahan and my favorite songs from him are Doors and Maine.  What first drew me to setons was the pillar of Sisterhood. When I first decided to attend Gonzaga University my head was filled with endless worries of the unknown future. I was fearful of many things bust mostly I was fearful of who I was going to meet during my time at Gonzaga. That fear quickly went away as soon as I stepped onto campus and found my way into Setons. I have met the most incredible girls whose kindness and determination has motivated me to continue to embrace new friendships and experiences. My favorite memory I have of sisterhood so far is going to Half M...

Mary Maidment: Service

Hi! My name is Mary Maidment and I am from Portland, Oregon. I am studying neuroscience with a minor in psychology on the pre-med track. On campus, I work as an events assistant and as an Ambassador, frequently giving tours. When I have free time, I love to be outside hiking, shopping, intramural sports, workout classes, and spending time with friends. This year, my team won our softball and volleyball intramural championships!! I have been busy watching the new Secret Lives of Mormon Wives season and just finished Scandal.



What drew me to Setons was the Service pillar. Since I was young, my family has made an effort to be actively involved in different forms of service in our community. We spent time at our church, local food bank, community garden, and my favorite was making clothing bags for children in need. I loved picking outfits and giving toys, games, and other activities. The Gonzaga community reflects this deeply ingrained value I have, which is the importance of service and making an impact in our community. Beyond the opportunities I have here, Setons allowed me to build service into my weekly routine by going out and interacting with new groups in the Spokane area. My service placement this semester works with autistic teens, allowing them to connect with the volunteers and each other. This has become the highlight of my week. I love the endless Uno games, activities, and laughs. No matter if I had a bad day, I always leave with a smile and feeling like I left a positive impact on the people around me. Service has brought me closer to the sisters in my group and the kids I serve alongside, making me feel fulfilled each week in the work we do. Service is the core of who I am, and Setons provides me the ability to bring joy to others through something meaningful to me.

Comments

Popular Posts