Skip to main content

Featured

Annemarie Stanga: Leadership

 Hi! My name is Annemarie and I am from Denver, Colorado. I am majoring in Biochemistry and Spanish and minoring in Art History on a pre-med track. I am also a student ambassador and doing research on campus. In my free time, I love being in the mountains and doing everything outside, especially hiking! I also enjoy traveling and spending time with my family. My favorite thing about going to school in the Pacific Northwest is the coffee scene, so I'm always up for visiting a new coffee shop! One of our pillars as Setons is leadership. Leadership can take on many forms, and being a Seton means growing in both individual and communal leadership styles. By coordinating service events as one of our service chairs or by inviting a sister out for a coffee date, I have learned how to take initiative and connect with others. being a Setons has allowed me to grow in my own confidence while being surrounded by the most supportive sisters! Our group as a whole is also defined by leadership. I...

Danielle Knutson: Sisterhood

Hey everyone! My name is Danielle Knutson and I am from Spokane, Wa! I am studying Biomedical Engineering with minors in Physics, Robotics, and Computer Science. Things I do outside of Setons include being involved in other clubs on campus like Delight and alas, working at Crumbl (I've worked there for almost three years!), playing in various intramural sports, and spending quality time with friends. I also spend lots of time outdoors, as I love to camp and hike, and I'm a passionate runner! I finished the Spokane Marathon as my first marathon this past October and plan on hopefully running the Paris or New York Marathon next!



Out of each pillar in Setons, Sisterhood sticks out to me the most. When I think of sisterhood, I think of a close-knit group of women that support and uplift one another and feel like family. I can genuinely say that being a part of Setons has blessed me with the experience of true sisterhood and that is why I chose this pillar. Having my sisters in my life, and sharing experiences with them each week, is always so fruitful. Whether we are spending time at service with our yellow cardigans and blue skirts, on lovely sister dates, at weekly meetings, or at various social events, I always feel a sense of love and belonging. For me after becoming a Seton, the pillar of Sisterhood has truly stood for unconditional belonging. It's not just about spending time with an amazing group of girls; it's about the assurance that each of our sisters has support and a loving place here at Gonzaga—where our entire community is uplifted and each sister is valued and cared for like family.

Comments

Popular Posts