Skip to main content

Featured

Alivia Trujillo: Sisterhood

 Hey! My name is Alivia and I'm from Denver, Colorado. I am studying Criminology and Business on the pre-law track. On campus I am also involved in GSBA as a sophomore Senator and a member of the academic committee. In my free time I love going out to concerts, sporting events, shopping, and playing tennis with my brother. My favorite artist is Noah Kahan and my favorite songs from him are Doors and Maine.  What first drew me to setons was the pillar of Sisterhood. When I first decided to attend Gonzaga University my head was filled with endless worries of the unknown future. I was fearful of many things bust mostly I was fearful of who I was going to meet during my time at Gonzaga. That fear quickly went away as soon as I stepped onto campus and found my way into Setons. I have met the most incredible girls whose kindness and determination has motivated me to continue to embrace new friendships and experiences. My favorite memory I have of sisterhood so far is going to Half M...

Kenzie Ediger: Leadership

Hi everyone! My name is Mackenzie Ediger, I’m from Spokane, Washington, about 30 minutes north of Gonzaga, and I am a Neuroscience major with a Psychology minor on the Pre-Occupational Therapy track. I’m the sister of a Gonzaga and Seton alum, a big reader, and I love all things Disney. Disneyland for me is truly the happiest place on Earth (as long as my family is there with me)! Outside of Setons, I have two campus jobs, volunteer as a sixth-grade girls youth group leader at a local church, and go on many car rides in search of sweet treats with my friends.

The pillar I am reflecting on today is leadership! What I love about leadership, and specifically how it functions in Setons, is that leadership comes in many forms and is lived out in many different ways. Leadership isn’t always about being the most authoritative in the room, but it can look like setting a good example, encouraging those around you, stepping up to help someone in need, and simply being there for the people you care about. Setons gives the chance for anyone to be a leader in different capacities. Setons has an executive board where girls can explore more traditional leadership roles. We have service groups where we practice service leadership, loving and serving the local Spokane community. Girls can lead by creating amendments or by offering to drive a sister to Costco. Leadership is both quiet and loud, small and big, and Setons gives girls of all leadership styles a chance to shine.


Comments

Popular Posts