Skip to main content

Featured

Alivia Trujillo: Sisterhood

 Hey! My name is Alivia and I'm from Denver, Colorado. I am studying Criminology and Business on the pre-law track. On campus I am also involved in GSBA as a sophomore Senator and a member of the academic committee. In my free time I love going out to concerts, sporting events, shopping, and playing tennis with my brother. My favorite artist is Noah Kahan and my favorite songs from him are Doors and Maine.  What first drew me to setons was the pillar of Sisterhood. When I first decided to attend Gonzaga University my head was filled with endless worries of the unknown future. I was fearful of many things bust mostly I was fearful of who I was going to meet during my time at Gonzaga. That fear quickly went away as soon as I stepped onto campus and found my way into Setons. I have met the most incredible girls whose kindness and determination has motivated me to continue to embrace new friendships and experiences. My favorite memory I have of sisterhood so far is going to Half M...

Hannah Bowles: Sisterhood



Hi! My name is Hannah Bowles, and I am from Woodinville, Washington. I am majoring in

Accounting with a concentration in Marketing. I have a younger brother who is a junior in high

school and an almost four-year-old Springer Spaniel named Leila. At Gonzaga, I have been a part

of New Venture Lab, which is a club that helps local entrepreneurs develop new products and

business ventures. I currently work in the Financial Aid Office as a Program Assistant. I love this

job because I am able to practice my Excel skills. I am the Marketing Chair for Setons this year

and I have loved the position; it is such a fun way to be more involved and fits in perfectly with

my major. In my free time, I like to read (mostly Colleen Hoover), workout at the RFC, watch

TV with my roommates, and clean (I like my apartment to be perfect!). My favorite show is

Scandal, mostly because I watched it with my mom, but also because I love all of the scandals

that happen within the White House. Right now I am rewatching it with one of my roommates

who is watching it for the first time.

The pillar I chose to talk about is Sisterhood. This is an important pillar to me because it is one

of the main reasons that got me excited about Setons. One of my goals at the beginning of

college was to branch out and explore as many opportunities as possible. I came into Gonzaga

with a couple of hometown friends, so it was important to me that I did not just stay within that

circle. While I met new friends during my Freshman year, joining Setons has opened me up to a

whole new circle of girls that I never would have met. It is such a joy to walk around campus and

see so many faces that I recognize. I have loved getting to know every single one of my sisters.

Each girl brings something unique to our club and I have learned so much about the formation of

friendship and sisterhood. I leave every Wednesday meeting with feelings of happiness, support,

and encouragement, and it is all thanks to the girls that surround me. I am sad that we are

reaching the end of our time as active Setons, but I know that we will all stay connected and

forever have this special bond that Setons has created for us.


Comments

Popular Posts