Skip to main content

Featured

Annemarie Stanga: Leadership

 Hi! My name is Annemarie and I am from Denver, Colorado. I am majoring in Biochemistry and Spanish and minoring in Art History on a pre-med track. I am also a student ambassador and doing research on campus. In my free time, I love being in the mountains and doing everything outside, especially hiking! I also enjoy traveling and spending time with my family. My favorite thing about going to school in the Pacific Northwest is the coffee scene, so I'm always up for visiting a new coffee shop! One of our pillars as Setons is leadership. Leadership can take on many forms, and being a Seton means growing in both individual and communal leadership styles. By coordinating service events as one of our service chairs or by inviting a sister out for a coffee date, I have learned how to take initiative and connect with others. being a Setons has allowed me to grow in my own confidence while being surrounded by the most supportive sisters! Our group as a whole is also defined by leadership. I...

Sasha Cass: Leadership

    Hi there! My name is Sasha Cass, and I’m from Kirkland, Washington. I’m currently majoring in Finance and Human Resource Management at Gonzaga. I’m also a proud Seton and serve as one of the Social Chairs, which means I get to plan all of our fun events and help create opportunities for meaningful bonds between our sisters. Setons has hands-down been my favorite part of my Gonzaga experience. It has given me some of my closest friendships and most unforgettable memories. There's something so special about being surrounded by such a strong, supportive group of women—and I feel incredibly lucky to be a part of it. Outside of Setons, I’m a big fan of spontaneous coffee runs (I’m a barista back home, so yes... I am a little picky about my coffee, haha), going to concerts, hanging out with friends, and making people smile :)
                                        
    I’m beyond excited to share my thoughts on my favorite Seton pillar, Leadership! Leadership has always played a significant role in my life. In high school, I was the captain of my varsity gymnastics team. That experience taught me so much about what it means to be a leader—how to support and motivate others, how to lead by example, and how to build strong relationships rooted in trust and encouragement. Now, as a Social Chair in Setons, I get to continue practicing those leadership skills. Organizing events for our group means collaborating with others, staying organized under pressure, and bringing ideas to life that make our sisterhood even stronger. I’ve seen firsthand that a successful team needs intentional, compassionate leadership to thrive. To me, leadership is about more than holding a title—it’s about communication, respect, composure, and grace. Our executive board is a team of leaders, each bringing their unique strengths to the table. And being able to work alongside them has shown me just how powerful leadership can be when it’s grounded in mutual support and shared purpose. Being a part of Setons, and especially serving on the exec, has been one of the most rewarding leadership experiences I’ve ever had. I’m so grateful for the chance to grow, lead, and love alongside such incredible women.

Comments

Popular Posts