Skip to main content

Featured

Alina Jusic: Service

 Hi! My name is Alina, and I'm from Spokane! I am studying public health with a minor in biochemistry on the pre-health track. I love spending time on campus, and outside of school I enjoy going on road trips, exploring new places, discovering coffee shops, paddleboarding, shopping and thrifting, watching films with friends, and crafting! I also really enjoy volunteer work. I have been involved with Ronald McDonald House Charities, Providence and MultiCare Hospitals, Spokane Public Schools, and Care Crafts Project. So, what initially drew me to Gonzaga were its core values.  Growing up in Spokane, once a week a group of Gonzaga students would come visit my elementary school classroom to teach science lessons. The program that they were apart of aims to provide local schools with extra resources to support STEM education for all students. They brough in science equipment that our school didn't have and taught us how to explore answers to our own questions. This experience spark...

Anne Gilbert: Aritsans Reflection


This week, I met with my mentee Valerie for the first time. We started off by talking about goals that we wanted to achieve by the end of the year. Valerie was a very nice girl, who is also very shy. At the start, I had a hard time getting to know Valerie because of how shy she was. This reminded me of this summer when I worked with people with special needs and some of them were also very shy like Valerie. I realized I just have to be patient with her, and she will eventually open up. As time went on, she started to tell me her interests and things that she wanted to achieve this year. Our goals were to make new friends, work on counting money, and become a better baker. During artisans that day, we played games with the other mentees and mentors. Next time, we will start working on our goals by counting money because Valerie wants to work at the mall. Overall, I had a great first time at artisans. It was awesome to see her warm up to me and get to know her.

Anne Gilbert
- Seton of Gonzaga 

Comments

Popular Posts