Featured

Alexa Forsmann: Leadership

Hi! My name is Alexa and I'm from Boise, Idaho! I'm currently studying finance in the Business school here at Gonzaga. Outside of school I love staying active and spending time outdoors, whether that's lifting, hiking, paddleboarding, or simply exploring new places. I also love playing basketball, which I get to continue through intramurals here at Gonzaga. One of my favorite things to do with friends is go to the movies, and I absolutely love finding new movies and shows to watch. I'm especially excited for all the fun social events with Setons this year, where I hope to grow closer to the girls in the group while also getting to explore more of Spokane. Along with this, I'm eager to participate in service projects and make a meaningful impact in the community.  


Leadership is such a huge part of being a Seton and I intend on growing immensely in this area. Whether it's leading a group during weekly service or coming up with new ideas during weekly meetings, I believe leadership is an important skill to practice and develop for the future. Being a leader does not always mean being the "boss" or simply being the person in charge; it means having the courage to step up, listen to others, and encourage those around you to do the same. As Setons we are given so many opportunities to practice these qualities and grow more confident in our ability to lead. I know that leadership is a skill I will carry with me beyond Setons, especially into my future career. I am extremely grateful for the experiences Setons will provide me and the opportunities I will have to become a stronger, more confident, and thoughtful leader!

Comments

Popular Posts