Skip to main content

Featured

Alivia Trujillo: Sisterhood

 Hey! My name is Alivia and I'm from Denver, Colorado. I am studying Criminology and Business on the pre-law track. On campus I am also involved in GSBA as a sophomore Senator and a member of the academic committee. In my free time I love going out to concerts, sporting events, shopping, and playing tennis with my brother. My favorite artist is Noah Kahan and my favorite songs from him are Doors and Maine.  What first drew me to setons was the pillar of Sisterhood. When I first decided to attend Gonzaga University my head was filled with endless worries of the unknown future. I was fearful of many things bust mostly I was fearful of who I was going to meet during my time at Gonzaga. That fear quickly went away as soon as I stepped onto campus and found my way into Setons. I have met the most incredible girls whose kindness and determination has motivated me to continue to embrace new friendships and experiences. My favorite memory I have of sisterhood so far is going to Half M...

Artisans Reflection: Jana Walker

Joining Setons I knew I was going to be put in situations outside my comfort zone.  In high school, I spent much time volunteering with children so I made the decision to join Artisan’s to try something new.  I had no previous experience working with those with special needs so I did not know what to expect—never would I have imagined what I would get out of this experience.


I was paired with Linda, a women around the age of 50.  I have to admit, I didn’t expect to be paired with someone so much older than I am.  Despite the age, each week I see our relationship growing more and more.  What I didn’t expect on top of this was to bond with all the other mentee’s that join me on Wednesday afternoons.  I can’t leave Artisan's without a smile on my face.  I have never gone and Linda wasn't happy to see me, that feeling is something indescribable.  Linda does this thing when you greet her, she grabs my hand and nuzzles her face in it.  Each time it puts a smile on my face cause I know how happy she is that I am there and the feeling is reciprocated.  I look forward to my meeting each week, and am so thankful that Setons has given me this opportunity.  Not only has Setons given me the opportunity to serve others but it has also given me service that I feel gives me more than I give.  

- Jana Walker
Seton of Gonzaga

Comments

Popular Posts